Monday, January 13, 2014

Repetition


I took repetition a little bit differently than most did. I made a set of things that would go together. Three different shapes and colors. But all compliment each other. I started with the idea of doing a set of clay vessel type items. I sketched out the general shape of the pieces I wanted to include in this set. As i went things changed and improved. On the sphere I originally had a handle but playing around with different shapes I realized that a ball handle would fit the piece better. The box I wanted to do something more with. So i cut a square in the top and filled it with glass so that when it went though the glaze kiln it melted and now it is all different colors of swirled glass. I really like the choice of shape and color with this set of items I think they went together really nicely. If I did this project again I would have done a better job connecting the two pinch pots I used to make the sphere because there is a pretty major crack in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment