Monday, January 13, 2014

Texture/Pressure

I took the word texture pretty literal. For this project I made a clay box. To apply the texture/pressure element to this piece I added little squares all over the box. On each small square I did a different design. The thing is I used another item to apply pressure on the clay to make the designs. Such a pennies forks clay tools little household items. In the beginning I was going to do a lot less squares on the box but once I got that amount on I did not like it and ripped them off then added more. I did choose to paint it, which is taking a while as you can see above. My favorite part of the piece is actually the size. I love how its so big it makes a statement especially because of the popping colors. If I could do anything differently I would probably go ahead and glaze it to speed up the process and make it much more simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment