Monday, February 16, 2015

Text art


For my first challenge in the Text art unit I decided to use one of my favorite quotes and big curly font on construction paper to write it out. This was a arty way to incorporate words and creativity into the same piece. 

For my second challenge I made a black out poem. Using a page out of an old book I colored over all the words, except the few that I wanted to keep for my poem. This book was fairly deep and dark therfore my poem is sort of disturbing. Because of the dark tone I have the bottom of the covered words turn from brown to red. 

For my final text art project I used modeling clay to make various size and shaped buttons. Next I painted each button a different color, keeping my color scheme very bright and neon. Then I used the buttons to spell out various words like the one above FIT. Fit symbolized what we use buttons for (to make something fit). While exploring art pieces using text art I really liked when artist did a piece that could be manipulated over and over again. This piece can be changed and altered as someone comes up with a new word or phrase, I like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment